Top 5 Best IELTS Preparation Books
5 best IELTS preparation books list according to the best results. The IELTS exam preparation process can be scary at times, although it doesn’t have to be. You will succeed as long as you are persistent, focused, and open to learning. Preparatory books are an additional thing which helps you to succeed. These publications will be helpful in boosting your capacity to fully understand the material covered on the exam, achieve a high score, and differentiate you from the other applicants.
Due to the variety of options, we compiled a list of the best of five IELTS preparation books. You may prefer any book which suits you most, there is no particular order.
So, let’s begin!
1. Barron’s IELTS Superpack
The Barron’s IELTS Superpack compiles all needed Barron’s IELTS material into a single package, hence what is known as the Superpack! This complete four-book collection includes:
- Barron’s IELTS: In this book you get two general training module practice exams, four academic module practice exams. Additionally, a comprehensive subject review practice exams and get an access to online audio material tracks.
- IELTS Practice Exams with MP3 CD: Six general training module practice exams and six academic module practice exams with answer explanations. Additionally get an access to online audio material tracks and on CD.
- IELTS Strategies and Tips with MP3 CD: Learn the expert’s strategies, to effectively respond to exam questions. Additionally get an access to online audio material tracks and on CD.
- Essential Words for the IELTS: Learn the 600 words that occur frequently in IELTS exams to enhance your vocabulary and also get an access to audio track online and on CD.
Click this link to read: 5 Best IELTS practice tests for international students.
2. The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
Compared to other IELTS preparation books, The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS addresses both general and academic training. It provides advice and ideas based on the experience of prior test-takers, as well as simple descriptions of how you can achieve high scores. You may hone your skills by taking eight official practice tests and following a step-by-step instruction for each section. All listening exercises and practice tests will be provided along with audio and video.
Click this link to read: 6 study tips to increase your IELTS listening score.
English Tests Approved for Canadian Student Direct Stream (SDS Category): What You Need to Know? video tutorial
3. Cambridge IELTS 14 Academic Student’s Book with Answers with Audio
Part of Cambridge IELTS Academic Series, Cambridge IELTS Academic 18 Book with Answers: Authentic Practice Tests includes four actual authentic practice examination papers from Cambridge English assessment. What is the benefit of this? Well, they’re exactly like the actual exam. This book includes four complete tests for academic candidates; in addition there is an introduction to all modules and a comprehensive section of answers as well as the overall scoring system. Like other preparation books, candidates get an access to downloadable audio for practice test exam and listening exercises.
Click this link to read: 6 common IELTS mistakes and how to avoid them?
4. Official IELTS Practice Materials
Official IELTS Practice Materials, written by official IELTS partners, this book explains how each section of the IELTS test is scored and also offers helpful study tips. Candidates will receive practice exam tests that include both academic and general training parts, answer sheets, tape scripts, typical examiner remarks, and other materials. Official IELTS Preparation Materials is useful not only for students, but also helpful for teachers who help students for preparing their IELTS exam.
Click this link to read: IELTS speaking 10 tips to help increase your score.
5. Road to IELTS
Road to IELTS is not technically a book; it is an interactive online course that includes mock exams, teaching videos, and other test preparing exercises. It comes in three different versions:
- IELTS practice papers to get an overview of what the IELTS exam is all about and it’s free to download.
- Last Minute is free who register for the British Council IELTS test and it contains nine videos with expert advice and tutorials, 100 interactive test activities, and two practice exam tests for each of the four modules.
- Full version contains whatever you need to prepare for the IELTS exam. For $50, you get a complete online course with more than 300 test preparing activities and nine practice tests. The Full version also provides expert’s tutorial videos and an overall test evaluation based on your practice test results.
Click this link to read: IELTS writing 7 study tips to increase your score.
How to Choose the Best IELTS Preparation Book For You?
While choosing your favorite IELTS preparation books, think about what you want to get out of it. While some IELTS preparing books are more general, while others provide academic training. Academic IELTS preparation books contain more information rather than general training books.
One more thing to remember is that selecting your own reading material can help you stay away from a boring book. Let’s face it: some IELTS books are just not as fascinating as others. So, choosing something that fascinates you will assist you avoid falling asleep while studying! It will also keep you motivated and you focused as you study for your exam. Moreover, try engaging with a tutor to prepare for the IELTS writing and speaking sections, as they may provide feedback that a book cannot. You can also take an online practice exam to get an adequate sense of what to expect.
Don’t forget, practice makes you perfect!
Click this link to read: IELTS reading top 10 tips to increase your score.
Did you find our blog post helpful? Feel free to share it on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook by using the share buttons below.