Australia has become one of the top destinations for inter ...
The Skilled Work Regional Subclass 491 visa is a provisional General Skilled Migration visa which requires applicants to live, study, and work in a regional area of Australia. Once certain residence requirements have been accomplished, applicant can eligible for Permanent Residency (PR) criteria.
If you want to apply for Skilled Regional Provisional Subclass 491 visa, you must first lodge an EOI profile (Expression of Interest) through SkillSelect and be invited by the Department of Immigration to apply. Once you are invited for a Skilled Regional Provisional Subclass 491 visa application, you get the time period of 60 days to lodge your visa, otherwise the invitation lapses. It is very important that you have all required documentation prepared to lodge your visa application as soon as possible after receiving the invitation.
In order to eligible for a Subclass 491 visa, you would require:
• Lodge an EOI profile (Expression of Interest) and get the invitation to apply.
• Obtaining an absolute skill assessment in an occupation on the relevant Skilled occupation list:
➢ One is the Medium-Long Term Skills Shortage List (MLTSSL) for family sponsored applicants.
➢ Other is the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) for State/Territory nominated applicants and the Regional Occupation List (ROL) and a State/Territory Occupations List.
• Be nominated by a State/Territory Government or have sponsorship from an eligible family member.
• Be aged between 18 and 44 inclusive.
• Meet the minimum score in the skilled migration points test – currently 65 points.
• Have Competent English language requirements.
• Pass Skills Assessment in an occupation on the State/Territory Nominated Occupations List.
• Meet health requirements and character requirements as well.
Each State and Territory Government announced their occupation lists in short supply. They may have specific requirements in terms of working experience, specialized skills, or English language ability. The requirements may vary from one department to other department of immigration. So, it is important to examine or verify the State/Territory requirements before start with your EOI application.
Applicants through the family or relative sponsored pathway can only nominate occupations on the Medium-Long Term Skills Shortage List (MLTSSL).
The family member or relative who sponsor you must be usually resident in a designated regional area of Australia, and only eligible if they have qualified these following requirements:
• The sponsor must be at least 18 years of age.
• The sponsor must be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizenship holder.
• An eligible relative/family-member are including:
✓ Nephew & Niece
✓ Aunt & Uncle
✓ First cousin
You can either be in Australia or overseas while applying your visa application for a Skilled Work Regional Subclass 491 visa. In order to lodge from within Australia, you would need to hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa. Once you apply from within Australia, you would receive a bridging visa allowing you to remain in Australia during processing of your visa application.
You can consider the following types of family members in your application:
• You can consider your spouses, defacto partners and same-sex partners
• You can consider your dependent children
The Skilled Work Regional Subclass 491 visa is a provisional (temporary residence) visa which allows you to remain in Australia for up to 5 years from the issue date. In Subclass 491Visa, visa holders have full rights to Medicare as well as work rights. This Subclass 491 visa is depending on a condition that all visa holders must be live, study, and work in regional Australia only. All visa applicants through the State/Territory nominated stream supposed to be residing in the State or Territory which nominated them for the visa. If you are overseas at the time of visa granted, you and your family members have to enter Australia for the first time before expiry of your police clearances and medical clearances.
All visa holders have rights to apply for a Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Subclass 191 visa after living and working in a designated regional area for at least 3 years. Visa holders must meet certain requirements:
✓ Applicant would meet to Income requirements
✓ Applicant would able to prove their residence for 3 years in designated regional area in Australia.
NOTE: All visa holders would remember that there are restrictions on applying for other visas, such as the 189, 190, or 820 Permanent visas until they have held the 494 visa for the 3 years of time period.Temporary
HFE Immigration Pvt Ltd has significant expertise in handling general skilled visa applications, and can help you with:
• Getting your skills assessed by professionals.
• Obtaining a nomination from a State/Territory Government.
• Lodging visa applications within tight deadlines.
• Managing your visas application carefully.
• Getting results and worry for you.
If you would like HFE to assist you with your Skilled Nomination Subclass 190 visa application,
please book you appointment or CLICK HERE FOR FREE ASSESSMENT